Thursday 31 March 2011

Aptitude Quiz

Q1. The question shows a pair of words in which the first is related to
the second in some way. It is followed by a single word which bears a
similar relation to one of the given alternatives. Find the correct
alternative to complete the analogy.

Melt:Liquid::Freeze: ?
a. Ice
b. Condense
c. Solid
d. Crystal

Q2. Fill in the blank

Guilt is to Past as Hope is to ......
a. Present
b. Future
c. Today
d. Despair
e. Hopeless

Q3. From the given choices select the odd man out:
a. Bird
b. Kite
c. Crow
d. Pigeon
e. Sparrow



Q4. Find the missing pattern
BOQD : ERTG :: ANPC : ?
a. DQSF
b. FSHU
c. SHFU
d. DSQF

Q5. Find the missing number
5 : 24 :: 8 : ?
a. 65
b. 63
c. 62
d. 64

Q6. From the given choices select the odd man out
a. DFHEG
b. TWXUV
c. OQSPR
d. JLNKM

Q7. If HARD is coded as 1357 and SOFT is coded as 2468, what will
21448 stand for?
a. SHAFT
b. SHORT
c. SHOOT
d. SHART

Q8. Find the next number in the series
1, 6, 13, 22, 33, ......
a. 44
b. 45
c. 46
d. 47

Q9. The question contains some statements followed by some
conclusions. Decide which of the given conclusions logically follow
from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
Statements:
I) All tomatoes are red.
II) All grapes are tomatoes.
Conclusions:
I) All grapes are red.
II) Some Tomatoes are grapes.
a. Only conclusion I follows.
b. Only conclusion II follows.
c. Neither I nor II follows
d. Both I and II follow.
e. Either I or II follows

Q9. Old woman's son is my daughter's uncle, then what relation has
the old woman to me ?
a. Sister
b. Mother
c. Grandmother
d. Mother - in - law

Q10. Ramu was facing East.He walked 4 km forward and then after
turning to his right walked 6 km. Again he turned to his right and
walked 7 km. After this he turned back.Which direction was he facing
at the time?
a. East
b. North
c. South
d. West
e. North-East



Q11. Raman is not wearing purple and Aman is not wearing
black.Raman and Sahil wear different colours.Avinash alone wears
green.What is Sahil's colour, if all four of them are wearing different
colours.
a. Green
b. Black
c. Purple
d. Can't Say

Q12. The question is followed by two arguments numbered I and II.
You have to decide which of the arguments is a strong argument and
which is a weak argument.
Statement :
Should a total ban be put on trapping wild animals?
Arguments :
I. Yes, Trappers are making a lot of money.
II. No, bans on hunting and trapping are not effective.
a. Only argument I is strong.
b. Only argument II is strong.
c. Either I or II is strong.
d. Neither I nor II is strong.
e. Both I and II are strong

Q13. The question contains a statement followed by two Assumptions I
and II. Find out which assumption(s) is implicit.

Statements:
Vitamin E tablets improve circulation, keep your complexion in glowing
condition.
Assumptions :
I. People like glowing complexion.
II. Complexion becomes dull in the absence of circulation.

a. Only assumption I is implicit
b. Only assumption II is implicit
c. Both assumption I and II are implicit.
d. Neither assumption I nor II is implicit

Q14. Study the statement(s) and the conclusions and select the
correct option.

Statement :
No country is absolutely self - dependent these days.
Conclusions :
I. It is imposible to grow and produce all that a country needs.
II. Countrymen in general have become lazy.
a. Only Conclusion I follows
b. Only Conclusion II follows
c. Both the conclusion I and II follow
d. Either conclusion I or II follows
e. Neither conclusion I nor II follows

Q15. In the question a statement is followed by some courses of action
. A course of action is a step or administrative decisions to be taken
for improvement, follow-up, or further action in regard to the
problem, policy, etc.You have to assume everything in the statement
to be true and then decide which of the given suggested course(s) of
action logically follows for pursuing.

Statement:
'The World Bank has approved a $ 300 million loan to finance a project to
construct coal ports by Madras Port Trusts.
Courses of Action :
I. India should take financial help from other international financial
institutions to develop such ports in other places.
II. India should not seek any help from the international financial
institutions.
a. Only I follows
b. Only II follows
c. Either I or II follows
d. Neither I nor II follows
e. Both I and II follow.

2 comments: